Vinyl album covers are like fine works of art. They are an expression of artistic intent. They have defined entire generations. They have reshaped the world. It’s too bad that many vinyl owners shove their LP’s into a cabinet or drawer, never to see the light of day again. There is hope, though. A new trend, aptly known as sleeveface, has begun to take the internet by storm. In order to create a great sleeveface, you simply take an album cover and position it in a way that causes an illusion. If you throw in a dash of creativity, the results can be incredible. Without further ado, here are 39 awesome examples of sleeveface.
[flv:/wp-content/video/sleeveface.flv 570 428]
You Might Also Like:
- Cans Festival: Stencil Art Street Battle in London featuring Banksy
- M.I.A. Sits Down for an Interview with Pitchfork TV
- Stunning John McCain Sarah Palin Anti-War Mural in Berkeley
- Billi Kid Gives Us a Glimpse into Sticker Culture and Combo Slaps
- 16 More Examples of Political Street Art and Graffiti from Around the World (Part Deux)