Last night, French alt rock band Phoenix made an appearance on The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien and performed their hit song “1901.” I was glad they finally stopped by The Tonight Show to play for Conan and Andy, because lately it seems like they’ve been popping up everywhere else.
Earlier in the summer, the group was seen touting Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix on shows like Late Night with David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and even Saturday Night Live. And just the other day I saw that they’ve been featured in a Cadillac commercial. Have they sold out? Maybe. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that “1901″ is an awesome song. Besides, if Santogold (aka Santigold) can be featured in a crappy light beer commercial and still retain her credibility, then Phoenix has nothing to worry about.
[MEDIA not found]
DOWNLOAD: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix by Phoenix
You Might Also Like:
- Fleet Foxes Performs English House on Late Night with Conan O'Brien
- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, the highly-anticipated album from French foursome Phoenix
- The 6 Best Musical Performances from Late Night with Conan O'Brien
- Animal Collective Performs "Summertime Clothes" on The Late Show with David Letterman [VIDEO]
- M.I.A. Performs Last Show Ever at Bonnaroo Music Festival